Recreation Program Leader
Sail La Vie Sailing Club Inc. Richmond Hill, ON
ABOUT Sail La Vie Sailing Club:
Sail La Vie is a Private Sailing School and Club of adventurous romantics who are fascinated by sea and sailing. Our mission is to introduce sailing as an affordable lifestyle. For that reason, we have introduced a recreational program that includes different types of sailing itineraries and various tour packages. We run a sailing club for adults and children. With us, you will discover the world that is not open to most tourists! We also provide sailing courses in our school, where you will be able to rent a yacht and sail on your own.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Recreation Program Leader who will be responsible for planning, preparing, and overseeing recreational activities. A successful candidate will have the ability to encourage others to work as a member of the team while also fostering good sportsmanship and building morale.
• Develop athletic and recreational programs specifically for the club members and organize special events.
• Advertise available recreational programs and activities.
• Schedule use of facilities and equipment.
• Ensure the right equipment is available for all activities, and that it is also functioning properly.
• Order supplies required for certain activities.
• Meet and greet participants and provide answer to any questions they may have about proposed programs and activities.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of activities and make modifications as needed.
• Oversee other staff members and develop a sense of teamwork.
• Adhere to, and enforce, safety practices.
• High School Diploma is required.
• 2-3 years of experience working as a Recreational Program Leader or in a similar position.
• Is familiar with a variety of different sports and activities.
• Fitness Professional/Personal Trainer/Yoga Instructor Certificates will be considered as an asset.
• International experience will be considered as a strong asset.
• Has a wide range of likes and interests.
• Enjoys helping people develop physically, mentally, and socially.
• Can foster a sense of pride and teamwork in others.
• Possesses a high level of physical fitness if overseeing sports programs.
• Possesses good supervisory skills and can lead others easily.
• Articulates well and can provide instruction on basic activities even to beginners.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Full-time, permanent position consisting of at least 40 weekly work hours
• The remuneration will be set at CAD17.00 per hour
• Occasional overtime may be required for meeting critical deadlines. Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week and will be remunerated at one and a half time the regular pay rate
• Work Location: Various locations across Ontario
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the resume and cover letter. Kindly put “Recreation Program Leader” in the subject line. Please do not contact the office directly, as resumes and cover letters submitted will be assessed by our HR specialist before interviews are scheduled.
Sail La Vie Sailing Club INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we welcome all applications from all qualified candidates. However, please note that only those who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.