TRIUMF is Canada’s particle accelerator centre, and one of the world’s leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the IS&T team as a Network/Cyber Security Analyst. In this role you will support a robust, resilient and secure networking environment for all on-premise and cloud-based computing resources used by TRIUMF stakeholders. Your other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Collaborating with the Enterprise Architect and external network support consultants to design a network topology implementing appropriate sub-netting to provide a secure computing environment
· Planning for and implementing I.P. Address Management (IPAM) and Network Access Control (NAC) technologies
· Installing, configuring, testing, and deploying production network devices such as Firewalls, Routers, and switches
· Monitoring and reporting on Cyber Security incidents and threats by periodically reviewing system logs and the Office 365 portal
· Developing and maintaining appropriate documentation on the deployment and configuration of network devices
· Maintaining up to date IT hardware and software and using it to review the TRIUMF standards
· Communicating with other TRIUMF groups to identify their computing needs and provide practical solutions
As our ideal candidate, you will must possess strong oral and written communication skills and have the ability to work independently as well as with a team. Your other qualifications include:
· Knowledge of networking technologies, including TCP/IP, UDP, FTP and SFTP, SH and SSH, Firewall configuration including port management, VLAN and VPN, IPV4 and IPV6, DNS, DHCP and related protocols and technologies
· Demonstrated expertise with designing network topologies, port management, and system log analysis
· Multi-tasking and the ability to work under pressure including the capability to assess, analyze, and resolve challenging IT issues
· A degree in Information Technology and at least 8-10 years of relevant experience and demonstrated leadership ability or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Although not a requirement, familiarity with one or more Cyber Security frameworks such as NIST would be considered an asset to your application.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your application package must be submitted by email to email@example.com. To be accepted for consideration applications must be complete, and must include the following in one PDF file:
· Subject line: 813
· Employment Application Form
· Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: February, 13, 2021
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.