A few doors East of Terroni Queen, Sud Forno is the perfect spot to grab a bite on the go, with a daily selection of sliced pizza, prepared sandwiches and salads along with pastries and gelato (did we mention pastries?!). But now, back to our bread: using traditional ingredients and methods, our bread is made from high-quality grains and flours that we import from a third generation family run mill in the Marche region in Italy. We use our own mother yeast, born by mixing flour with water, left to acidify at high temperatures to obtain a natural fermentation all of which brings you finished loaves so traditional “unlike any we’ve ever tasted outside of Italy.”
We pride ourselves on being part of Terroni’s restaurant group, which serves the best Italian food in the city. To learn more about us, please visit our website: https://www.terroni.com/sud-forno/sudqueen/
At this time, we are looking to hire an experienced Line Cook specializing in Italian Cuisine to join our kitchen team for a full-time, permanent position.
Duties will include the following:
· Plan, prepare and cook Italian cuisine, including appetizers, main courses, and desserts
· Prepare and cook other dishes as advised by management depending on the season or any relevant holidays
· Prepare and customize dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
· Estimate food requirements and maintain inventory of food, supplies, and equipment
· Ensure the kitchen is fully prepped for service (e.g. cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.)
· Assist in training kitchen helpers or other kitchen staff, as needed
Pay for this position will be $18.00 per hour. A regular work week will consist of 37.5 hours and overtime may be required due to special events. Applicable overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week. Be ready to work shifts consisting of mornings, afternoons and evenings.
716 Queen St W, Toronto, Ontario M6J 1E8
Requirements of the position:
· At least 1 year of experience as a Cook, specializing in Italian Cuisine
· Secondary School Diploma
· Good command of English is mandatory
· Culinary/Cooking trade certifications/diplomas will be considered as assets
· Safe Food handling certificates, WHMIS and CPR certifications will be considered as assets
Please apply with your resume through email: email@example.com. Candidates suitable for this position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact us directly.