Sakura Salon is hiring a full-time hairstylist
Conveniently located at 555 Bute Street Vancouver, Sakura Salon has consistently been offering refinement, supporting the individual expression of natural beauty, and delivering the highest professional care possible in a relaxed, friendly, and courteous atmosphere. We exclusively use Japanese high-quality perm products and treatments, and the salon also offers “kimono” dressing service.
Now we are in need of a full-time hairstylist.
· Suggest hairstyle compatible with client's physical features or determine style from client's instructions and preferences
· Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
· Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
· Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
· Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
· Apply hair extensions
· May shampoo and rinse hair
· May train or supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers.
· Secondary school education
· Completion of a two- or three-year hairstyling apprenticeship program or completion of a college or other program in hairstyling combined with on-the-job training
· Several years of professional hairstylist experience if no formal hairstyling training or education
· Excellent customer service skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers
· Great team working attitude and the ability to work independently
*You must provide a hairstyling demonstration before being hired
Wage: $15.00 per hour (40 hours per week)
Language of Work: English
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Location of Work: 555 Bute Street Vancouver, BC V6E 0A9
How to apply: email your resume (attention to Yayoi) or apply in person during off peak hours