Van Lindenberg Farms Inc. is a family operated dairy operation located near Forester Falls, ON. They milk approx. 100 cows with additional young stock. We currently have an opening for one General Farm Worker.
Employment type: Permanent, minimum 30h/week, 1 vacancy
Work Locations: Van Lindenberg Farms Inc., 2166 Queens Line, Forester Falls, ON, K0J 1V0
Business Address: Van Lindenberg Farms Inc., 2166 Queens Line, Forester Falls, ON, K0J 1V0
Salary/benefits: $14.39 per hour
Position Summary: Reporting to the farm owner, the General Farm Worker is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day activities at the dairy farm.
– Feed and tend dairy cows and young livestock
– Troubleshoot error messages send from the milk robots
– Detect cows in heat
– Assist in performing breeding activities
– Detect disease and health problems in livestock
– Care for calves and young stock
– Clean barns, milk robots and milkhouse
– Perform hooftrimming
– Operate modern farm machinery and equipment to plant, fertilize, cultivate, monitor, and harvest crops
– Operate and troubleshoot technically involved computerized equipment
– Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning barns, milk robots and milkhouse, barnyards and pens (incl. snow removal).
– Basic knowledge of dairy farming is required;
– Relevant work experience with dairy is preferred;
– Experience with robotic milk system is preferred;
– Candidate should be mechanically inclined to identify milk robotic errors
– Preference is given to candidate who worked with dairy cows before;
– Be able to work independent as well as part of a team
– Be able to communicate in the English language.
Please apply by sending a resume and at least one relevant reference to Van Lindenberg Farms Inc by email: email@example.com or mail: Van Lindenberg Farms Inc., 2166 Queens Line, Forester Falls, ON, K0J 1V0
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.