Location: 9371 No 5 Rd #10 Richmond, BC V7A 4E1
Salary: $21.00 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours per Week
Employment Groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Employment Conditions: Day, Evening, Morning
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
– Follow all food safety regulations regarding food preparation, storage, handling, and serving at the Richmond location of Sector-7 Kitchen+ Bar; Prepare food order summaries for chef according to requests from customers; Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation.
– Supervising employees engaged in the production of food, catering, and beverage service, ensuring a consistent level of service for all shifts and special events. Planning, assigning, and reviewing work of assigned staff; adjusting work assignments as necessary to respond to fluctuating workloads.
– Providing employees with training on food preparation and safety procedures; Ensuring that all employees are working efficiently and monitoring their attendance rates.
– Hiring or recommending hiring of staff; resolving employee and/or customer complaints and disciplines as necessary. Evaluating employee performance and prepare performance appraisals.
– Assessing the quality, service, and profitability of Sector 7 as per the standards set by the restaurant.
– Managing and coordinating the daily food production and catering activities at Sector-7. Participating in menu preparation, ensuring menus are updated and recipes are revised as necessary.
– Ensuring all applicable local, state, and federal food handling policies are complied with pertaining to food safety, handling and alcohol services at the restaurant.
– Obtaining feedback from customers regarding the quality of food served and services provided and takes steps necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
– Leading sustainability and recycling efforts at Sector-7’s location ensuring daily composting collections, purchase of compostable disposables and procurement of local and organic foods.
– Analysing and understanding kitchen equipment malfunctions. Scheduling and overseeing equipment repairs.
– Enforcing food safety and sanitation policies by performing regular inspections at Sector-7 Kitchen + Bar; Regularly inspect the restaurant for cleanliness and maintenance issues.
– Overseeing food service, and act as an expeditor, when necessary, to ensure the timely movement of completed food orders from kitchen to customer table; Supervise and check assembly of regular and special diet requests and delivery of food on the tables.
– Other duties performed as necessary.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure
Client focus, Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
– You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
– You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply?
Here is what you must include in your application: