Little Galaxy Childcare & Montessori (Hensall) Inc. has an excellent reputation in the field as a leader in child development. At Little Galaxy, the focus is on adventures in learning – in helping children see the possibilities in the world around them as they grow and experience life. Little Galaxy prepares children for the rest of their lives by helping to create the building blocks of life-long learning. Little Galaxy cares deeply about your child as an individual; our team is dedicated to providing a happy, safe, and stimulating environment designed to bring out the best in your child.
Early Childhood Assistant plays a crucial role in making the programs interesting, interactive and inclusive, encouraging a sense of exploration for each and every child. This should all be done in accordance with the vision, brand and culture of Little Galaxy.
• Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
• Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, taking children to local points of interest and providing opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
• Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
• Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
• May plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
• May co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants.
Position- Early Childhood Assistant
Wage- $ 22 per hour
Hours- minimum 40 hours per week
Location- 470 Hensall Circle, Mississauga, ON. L5A 3V4
• Completion of High School
• Minimum 7 months experience
• Criminal Reference Check