Database (Data Systems) Architect
Variyas Global Solutions Inc.
Location: Various locations
Salary: $93,600.00 / year
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time 40 hours/week
Start date: As soon as possible.
Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Life insurance benefits, Vision care benefits
Employment conditions: On-call, Day, Evening
Employer covers the relocation costs
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 5 years or more
Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Sitting
Work Location Information: Relocation costs covered by employer
Organized, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Excellent written communication, Accurate, Excellent oral communication, Initiative, Judgement
Computer and Technology Knowledge:
Mapping and data visualization software, Database software, Software development, MS Office
Management Systems (ERP or DB): Data Warehouse, DB2, Oracle, MySQL
Programming Languages: Informatica, SQL
Design and develop database, Design, construct, modify, implement, and test data models and database management systems, write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design and implement new age-effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
• Prepare strategies to migrate from legacy technologies (R: Base) to new-age cloud systems.
• Examine and identify database structural necessities and deficiencies by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
• Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they adhere with internal and external regulations.
• Implement a Cloud-based Document Management framework for vendor data files management
• Implement customized change tracking with automated gap analysis reports.
• Install, organize, and maintain information systems to guarantee company functionality keeping in expected SLAs.
• Architect enterprise-level end-to-end ETL flows across various business systems.
• Prepare accurate database design and architecture migration progression reports for management and executive teams.
• Design and model cloud-based enterprise reporting with dynamic access management
• Design and implement finite and secure financial transactional system with automated exception processing.
• Oversee the data systems transformation from legacy systems to new solutions.
• Monitor the system performance with automated tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
• Recommend solutions to improve new database systems for better efficiency.
• Educate staff members through training and individual support for new system understanding.
• Offer support by responding to system problems in an effective and timely manner.
Work Setting: Consulting firm
How to apply
250 Yonge Street suite 2201
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
· You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
· You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.