We are currently seeking 3 permanent full time cooks for Italian Kitchen Restaurant @ 860 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC). The opportunity to grow and learn new skills in this position is excellent, as is cross training in various types of cuisine.
• Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and features
• Collaborate with the chefs and cooks to prepare meals during our service hours
• Maintain accurate food inventories
• Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
• Rotate stock items as per established procedures
• Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts
• Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift
• Follow appropriate safe food handling standards and plating guide specifications
• Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment
• FOODSAFE or equivalent certified (within 2 weeks of employment)
• Registration in an apprenticeship program is an asset or Red Seal certified
• 2-3 years minimum experience in a similar environment
• Must possess a passion for food and developing knowledge of all cooking methods
• Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through as necessary
• Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
• Wage $18.00-$21.00 pending experience
• Extended and dental insurance after 18 months
If you believe you are the person we are seeking, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting Cook: Italian Kitchen in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the team, but please note only successful candidates will be contacted.