SOUTHERN SPICES CORPORATION requires 2 Cooks, Ethnic Food on a full-time, permanent basis to start asap in Winnipeg, MB, who must be familiar with the traditional South Indian Dishes like different varieties of Dosas), Chettinadu and Kerala – Varuthara Curries etc.
Salary: Between $13.50 – $14.50 CAD/ Hour (based on experience)
Vacancies: 2 Nos
Education: No formal education
Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience
Functional English is required
Essential Skills: Working with others, significant use of memory, continuous learning
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Standing for extended periods, Repetitive tasks, Attention to Detail, Ability to plan menu, prepare food and manage kitchen staff.
Personal Suitability: Organized, Client focus, Team player, Judgement, Reliability
Work Setting: Restaurant
· Prepare and cook meals or individual dishes/foods as per menu and restaurant standards.
· Ensure the food quality is outstanding every time.
· Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food.
· Oversee kitchen operations and staff by scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers.
· Must know the South Indian dishes like Dosas, Varuthara Curries etc.
· Supervise kitchen staff and helpers.
· Inspect kitchens and food service areas.
· Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment, Clean kitchen and work areas.
· Manage kitchen operations.
· Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies.
· Keep the work area, utensils and production equipment in a clean and sanitized state.
· Follow safe food handling procedures at all times
· Adhere to the health and safety policies and procedures.
· May clean kitchen and work area.
Employment groups: Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.