Cook – Black + Blue
We are currently seeking 3 permanent full time Cooks for Black + Blue at 1032 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills in this position is excellent, as is cross training in various types of cuisine.
Cooks perform some or all of the following duties:
– Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
– Prepare and cook special meals as instructed by chef
– Supervise kitchen helpers
– May assist with inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
– May set up and oversee buffets
– May clean kitchen and work area
– May determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements, and monitor and order supplies
– May train kitchen staff
– Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
– FOODSAFE certified (within 2 weeks of employment)
– 2-3 years minimum experience in a similar environment
– Must possess a passion for food and developing knowledge of all cooking methods
– Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through as necessary
– A clear thinker, with the aptitude to remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
– Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
Three positions available at $18-$21/hour pending experience and skill. Permanent, full time (30-35 hours/week). Extended health and dental after 18 months of employment.
If you believe you are the person we are seeking, please send your resume via email to email@example.com noting Cook – Black + Blue in the subject line. Please do not appear at the restaurant without an appointment. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the team, but please note only successful candidates will be contacted.