Bobov Yeshiva Bnei Zion is a boy’s school and Rabbinical College based in Toronto, Ontario. The school is faith-based and is associated with the religion of Judaism, teaching students about the Jewish faith, and maintaining of Orthodox way of life. The school is attended by students from junior kindergarten to grade 8. The education campus contains number of buildings which include library, lecture halls, student center, classes, synagogue, communion halls, kitchen, etc.
We are currently looking for an experienced Building Cleaning and Maintenance Supervisor who will be working closely with our management team to ensure that our premises are always maintained in superb condition and in accordance with the Jewish Orthodox traditions and rules.
• Supervise daily cleaning and maintenance activities of various workers and subcontractors on school premises.
• Inspect sites regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance insuring compliance with all health and safety regulations and practices.
• Report management on additional services required such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of furnishings and equipment.
• Supervise tradesmen and contractors during special maintenance projects (electricians, plumbers, etc.)
• Prepare weekly/monthly maintenance schedule, delegate jobs, provide instructions and explanations, and answer inquiries of cleaning staff.
• Estimate labour costs and materials and keep financial records.
• May perform certain cleaning duties.
• High school diploma or higher.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in position with similar duties.
• Knowledge of Hebrew, Spanish and Russian is an asset.
• Knowledge of Jewish Orthodox traditions and rules is an asset.
• Knowledge and understanding of all maintenance systems (security and fire alarm systems, boilers, etc.) is an asset.
• Able to build and cultivate superior relationships with internal and external contacts.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Full-time, permanent position consisting of at least 32 weekly work hours.
• The remuneration will be set at CAD $25.00 per hour.
• Occasional overtime may be required for meeting critical deadlines. Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week and will be remunerated at one and a half time the regular pay rate.
• Work Locations:
44 Champlain Blvd, Toronto, ON, M6A 1NZ
3703 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON M5M 2X4
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter. Kindly put “Building cleaning and maintenance supervisor” in the subject line. Do not contact the office directly, as resumes and cover letters submitted will be assessed by our management before interviews are scheduled.
Bobov Yeshiva Bnei Zion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we welcome all applications from all qualified candidates. However, please note that only those who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.